Clients have the responsibility to participate actively in their plan of care and services, including:
- Providing legitimate identification documents;
- Providing information about their health and wellness practices, present and past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to their health history;
- Helping their healthcare staff in providing care by following instructions and medical orders; and, accepting medical consequences if they do not follow the care, service, or treatment plan provided;
- Using medical equipment and supplies wisely (avoiding overuse) and generally respecting the property of other people and of our service;
- Authorizing members of their family to review their treatment, if they are unable to communicate with doctors or nurses.